Saturday, August 26th @ 5:00 PM at Millerstown Community Park
Come and show your soccer skills at the Tuscarora Soccer Challenge (TSC). Participants will compete in 10 different skill challenges within gender age groups: U16, U14, U12, U10, and U8 (if turn out is higher than expected, groups will be added for odd age years). Each player will have the ability to earn points for each challenge completed. Points are cumulated over all 10 events. Age group winners (male and female) as well as overall winners will receive awards.
A $20.00 entry fee is required to compete. A FREE SHIRT IS INCLUDED. Event day registration is $20.00 and does not include a shirt. Shirts may be purchased at the event while supplies last.
In addition, players are asked to get sponsorship’s to support their participation in the event. Sponsorship’s can be on a per point basis (earned at each challenge) or a flat donation. Money collected for sponsorship’s will occur after the event and will be the responsibility of the player/team.
DONATIONS/SPONSORSHIP’S SUPPORT THE TEAM OF YOUR CHOICE (I.E YOUR TOWN TEAM, INDOOR TEAM, CLUB TEAM, ETC…). This is a way for you to make money for YOUR team!
The 10 challenge events are shown below. Points are earned based on the player’s ranking in their age group:
1st – 16pts, 2nd – 14pts, 3rd – 12pts, 4th -10pts, 5th – 8pts, 6th – 6, 7th – 4pts and Participating – 2pts.
- Slalom Course – Players will have the opportunity to make two runs through the course. Ranking based on the best time.
- Shooting – Player will shoot 5 shots on goal and will be awarded points based on accuracy
- Juggling – Ranking based on the number of consecutive touches in 2 minutes
- Top Speed – The player gets 3 shots. The speed of each shot is registered with a radar gun. Best of three.
- Toe Taps – Ranking is based on the number of toe taps completed within 10 seconds.
- Chip Passing – A bull’s eye target is set up on the field with varying points. Players are given 3 balls to chip into the target. Cumulative score based on all 3 balls.
- Closest to the Flag – Chip a soccer ball towards the flag, closest to the pin based on measured distance.
- Passing – Pug goals will be set up at varying distance. Each pug goal will have a different set of points (farther distance equals greater points). Cumulative score of 5 passes.
- Penalty Shot – Players will be given 5 balls to shoot at 4 targets placed in a regulation sized goal.
- Throw In – Players will be given 5 balls to complete legal throw ins thru various obstacles.
Pre-registration is required by August 4th to guarantee your shirt. Questions may be directed to: Brett Beaver – 717-580-0655 or email@example.com.
Please visit the event website for updates and information: https://tuscarorasoccer.com
The event will be held rain or shine. However if the field is deemed unplayable by the event organizers or the Millerstown Community Park, then the event will be postponed to Sunday, August 27th at 2:00PM
Click Here To Register